Amvean specializes in phone system and network installation. In this project Amvean worked with the law firm Finkel and Fernandez based in Brooklyn, NY. The company was relocating offices and required network cabling, network installation, and new commercial phone system.
When doing phone system installations our specialists began with a site survey and discussed the needs of our client to custom tailor a solution that best fit their needs. The cabling process was extremely organized which allows future jobs involving the network simpler for all parties involved.
At a recent project at Finkel and Fernandez LLP, a law firm that specializes in elder law and special needs, Amvean installed the network and phone system. The phone system that Amvean installed was the Cisco UC 520, and the services provided included wifi, voicemail to email, and an automated attendant. The automated attendant allows the staff and law team to mobility. Voicemail to email allows for the voicemails left by clients to be sent to the company’s staff email addresses for convenience when no one is in the office. This is especially useful for their team as they are working on the road or at the court. The flexibility allows their staff to stay connected to the office at all times. An automated attendant transfers calls through multiple extensions without the need of a receptionist to be at the phone.
Amvean came under budget and delivered the entire project from start to finish in a matter of one week. Amvean stocked all equipment and therefore can deliver network cabling, IT infrastructure services such as firewall, phone system, routers for quick install. Amvean also partner with all major service carriers such as Broadview, Time Warner and Verizon.
Product Specification (Information from Amazon website)
- Full-featured 8-line business-class IP phone supporting Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Monochrome backlit display for ease of use, aesthetics, and on-screen applications
- Connects directly to an Internet telephone service provider or to an IP private branch exchange (PBX)
- Wideband audio for unsurpassed voice clarity and enhanced speaker quality
- Easy installation and highly secure remote provisioning, as well as menu-based and web-based configuration
- Supports up to two Cisco® SP500S Expansion Module, adding up to 64 additional buttons*
- Supports both Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Smart Phone Control Protocol (SPCP) with the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for Small Business
The Cisco UC520 phone system is ideal for small businesses. Features for the Phone System Include:
• IP based all-in-one solution designed for small business with up to five sites networked with inter-office dialing
• Flexible call processing deployment options including private branch exchange (PBX) or key system mode, allowing for easy transition to new system based on existing phone system
• Full-featured voice messaging and automated attendant to help improve communication among employees and with customers
• Easy access to voicemail messages from any phone, from the VoiceView Express IP phone display application, or via Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express
• Fax Mail per user where faxes received are delivered direct to the desktop email client or redirect to any fax machine when checking voice mail via phone
• Choice of Cisco Unified IP Phones 6900 and 7900 Series and Cisco Small Business SPA Series IP Phones, including wireless handsets and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) phones
• When traveling or working from home, employees can stay in touch using the Cisco IP Communicator soft phone on any Windows PC.
• Video telephony is as easy as making a voice call by adding a Cisco USB video camera to any 7900 Series phone, selected 6900 Series models or to the IP Communicator soft phone and can be used between sites.
• Phone line connectivity using analog lines (FXO) or ISDN Basic Rate Interface (BRI) with optional digital trunks (T1/E1/PRI) providing flexibility to add trunking as the business grows
• Built-in costs saving SIP trunking with preset configurations from major carriers
• Four analog phone connections (FXS) included for support of traditional fax machines or analog phones
Secure Network Foundation
• Network security included at no extra cost, including Cisco IOS® Firewall to protect the entry point into your network.
• Virtual private network (VPN) IPsec for site to site networking and SSL providing remote users highly secure access to the network included.
• An integrated 8-port Power over Ethernet (PoE) LAN switch for IP phones and other SBCS devices allowing for single box small office deployments
• Ability to expand switching capabilities through expansion ports with Cisco Small Business ESW 500 Series Switches, available with Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, and PoE or Cisco 300 Series Managed Switches allowing for easy configuration using SmartPort roles delivering business growth and flexibility to deploy switching where needed
• Integrated wireless LAN (WLAN) 802.11b/g capability, including support for data and voice giving freedom to employee’s to work from any location in the office.
• Optional external Cisco access points to enable mobile networking (data and voice) for larger office spaces, which can help increase employee flexibility and productivity
• Smart Business Productivity Applications are included with each UC500 Series model to help enhance employee productivity:
– Cisco TimeCardView tracks employee hours worked and provides reports to managers showing who is in the office, with the ability to import hours directly to QuickBooks
– Cisco Single Number Reach allows callers to reach employees at their desks or mobile phones for improved customer service or to close sales more quickly
– Live Record and Live Reply enable Cisco Unity Express subscribers to record live conversations and store the recording as a message in their mailbox and reply to other user’s messages
• Cisco Smart CallConnectors provide call control, click to dial, inbound screen pop, presence, and instant messaging, all integrated with popular Windows applications including Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer.
• Cisco MonitorView on the Cisco SPA525G2 IP Phone provides monitoring for up to four video surveillance cameras from the phone display
Simplified Configuration and Network Management
• Cisco Configuration Assistant, a Windows based application for easy configuration of the UC540 and related SBCS devices, including unified communications (phones and software), switching, routing, Smart Productivity Applications plus security
• CCA can simplify deployment of advanced UC540 features such as Basic ACD and Meet-me conferencing, as well as configure UC540 to integrate with approved 3rd party applications.
• Cisco Office Manager is a no-cost desktop application that the small business office administrator can use to independently perform routine operational tasks for the Cisco SBCS after it is configured by the partner.
UC520 Security Features:
- Cisco IOS Firewall and NAT
- IPSec VPN is available with DES, 3DES, and AES
- An EZVPN server is hosted on UC520 to support CCA for remote configuration. Works with Cisco VPN client and Microsoft VPN client
- Up to 10 VPN tunnels are supported (inclusive of all types of VPN tunnels – IPSec, SSL, GRE, etc.)
- Built-in hardware-based encryption acceleration offloads IPsec, AES, DES, and 3DES encryption and VPN processes to provide increased VPN throughput with minimal effect on the CPU
- Also supports SSL Web VPN and SSH 2.0
UC520 Wireless Features:
- The 802.11b/g integrated access point can be used to provide integrated WLAN connectivity to mobile clients – voice and data – resulting in mobility and enhanced productivity for users
- The integrated 802.11b/g access point in the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series supports up to 54 Mbps connections
- WLAN IP phones allow users to be mobile and more productive
- Enhanced security is provided with support for Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA and WPA2), including authentication with 802.1X and Cisco LEAP, Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP), dynamic Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), or static WEP WLAN VLANs and 802.1q/e are also supported which prioritizes voice/video traffic with queuing
- Recommendation: A maximum of 4 Wireless IP Phones to be deployed on the Integrated Access Point
IOS Feature set based on Advanced IP Services
- 12.4(11)XW4 is the Recommended IOS release for deployments. The software bundle UC520-4.2.4.zip can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/UC520
- UC520 uses an IOS feature set is derived from the Advanced IP Services feature set
- The feature set supports all of the voice, video, data, security, and wireless features with the following exceptions:
- For Voice – MGCP / CCM / SRST – cannot support Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- For Data – WAN Protocols such as FR / ATM / X.25 / MPLS / Tag / LAPB
- For Security – L2TP, IDS/IPS, URL Filtering (Websense, N2H2), Advanced application inspection and control
- For Routing – Routing Protocols such as RIP/OSPF/BGP/EIGRP
- For Network Management – SNMP Proxy
- Other – GLBP (load balancing)
- CME 4.2 exceptions – Secure RTP and Unified Contact Center express integration